LEADERS IN DATABASE MANAGEMENTVitalSoftTech is one of the leading Database Management companies, with a strong team of Oracle Certified Expert DBA's who look after the day to day operations of database systems. We have over 15 years of experience working on Oracle Databases, RAC, GoldenGate and Exadata technologies. Some of the companies we have worked for include Sony America, University of Southern California(UCSD) and George Washington University.
ORACLE TRAININGWant to quickly come up to speed and become an Oracle Database DBA or a GoldenGate DBA? Or want to prepare for Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exams? Train from your office or home with us and gain access to experienced instructors who have been working in the field for 10+ years. View our courses and schedule.
RECENT ARTICLESBased on our field experience during these implementations, upgrades, migrations and 24 hour support for our clients, we write Articles to share our experiences with the Oracle Community. We do this because we strongly believe in sharing our knowledge and like helping other companies succeed.
ORACLE 12c DATABASE
- Oracle 12c Silent Mode Binary Install and De-install - Installation of the Oracle Binaries is a pretty simple task for the DBA's. However the process may become exhaustive if you are repeatedly performing these installs on a number of servers. For this you can speed up the installation process by using the silent mode installation. In this article we will look at Installing and De-Installing Oracle 12c database software, using this method.
- Difference between In-Database Archiving and Temporal Validity in 12c - In Oracle Database 12c there are two new features which can be used to control the validity and visibility of the data. They are called Temporal Validity and In Database Archiving. The concepts behind these two new features are a bit interlinked, so it is important to understand and distinguish between these two. In this.
- OGG Commands III - Cataloged here are some very important, common commands that are used via the GGSCI interface during the GoldenGate configuration and for troubleshooting.
- Install Oracle GoldenGate 12c Using Universal Installer - A number of new features have been introduced with the release of Oracle GoldenGate 12c, including the installation method which now uses the Oracle Universal Installer(OUI). Previously this was performed using the untar/unzip utility to extract the files into the home directory. This appears in line with the effort by Oracle to standardized on their.
- Transparent Data Encryption - Previously Oracle introduced transparent data encryption (TDE) to seamlessly encrypt data inside database. The mechanism allows you to encrypt individual columns inside database which is good enough for most situations.Lets look at how wecan implement this.
- Oracle Security Checklist - Security hardening of a database is an elaborate task requiring a detailed review of the environment. Some of the items which need to be investigated fall under the realm of the DBA, some under the System Admin’s and some to be addressed by the Developers. For all these, the effort starts with first becoming familiar.
- Oracle 12c RAC Installation on Oracle Linux 6 using VirtualBox - In development environments virtualization is a common practice nowadays. Oracle has now even started providing official support for Production RAC databases running on Oracle Virtualized machines. Below we look at a step by step installation process for setting up the Grid Infrastructure Software with a RAC database running on a VirtualBox using Linux Operating System..
- Oracle 12c RAC: New Features - Oracle has come a long way from its inception of the 9i RAC database to its current 12c Version. I remember the days when we had to deal with RAC related issues ranging from performance to stability which gradually improved as this product matured. Features continued to be added with each release and 12c now,.
- Love your Exadata! Use Exadata Database DBRM - You have bought Exadata after spending a fortune and more importantly after convincing everybody in the organization and in your family that this is the ultimate resource machine which hosts the world’s best database, Oracle 12c. You are not off the mark with those statements, though one might term them bit exaggerated. The point is.
- Exadata Smart Scan: Query Performance Enhancement - Exadata Smart Scan Feature. A new feature of Exadata Software is the Smart Scan Feature which enhances the database performance many times over. This article provides a view on how this new feature provides performance improvements on Exadata hardware in comparison to a conventional database hardware. We now examine the mechanics of Smart Scan and.